1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Second opinion

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Theshoemaker, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Theshoemaker

Theshoemaker Senior Member

I think that with 3 trucks with 7.5-8.0 ft straight plows around 3.5hrs to complete. Anybody else want to chime in with their opinions as to how long.

***2-3 inch event***
    Apprx 10 acres
    I'm thinking 5 ton of salt an app.
    Stack snow in red
    No walks

Attached Files:

2. Matson Snow

Matson Snow PlowSite.com Addict

Awful long carry for pick-up trucks...Might want to look into a loader or 2 with pushers....If you get a wet heavy snow You are screwed with that long of a push with pick-ups....
  3. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I would go with a wheel loader with a 12'-16' box, a couple trucks to push snow in to piles or lanes for the loader to take to the red areas. thinking you may be a little light on salt I would'nt lock yourself in to that, yes normal practice is 40k sqft per ton but amount could change depending on conditions! might have to go a little stronger on a more icy event,
  4. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

I think your time estimate looks okay for 2-3" but will increase with more snow. Also agree that those look like long runs for pickups
  5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If this is all the trucks you have you could be in trouble if you get a breakdown or something. Plus remember you'll be plowing snow with cars driving all over the place. And if it snows during the Xmas season you better have plenty of help to keep them open.