1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Second Gen. Western Tornado

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by IA snoman, Aug 26, 2009.

1. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

Has anybody seen,ran,purchased a new Tornado? I am interested but don't know how it is. I assume it is better since it is redesigned from the original. I was also curious about pricing. Let me know what u guys think.
  2. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

im wondering too
  3. Quality SR

Quality SR PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen the First gen. tornado and Poly Caster. I have only seen the Poly Caster in action last year. They look like good spreaders. I called a few places for prices on the First Gen. models and the cheapest i found was for a Tornado with the inverted V and Vibrator he wanted $3700.
    I saw the New 1.8 ( for a 8' bed) Tornado at a county fair last week. They had it mounted in a 2009 Chevy 2500 with a 8'5" Fisher XV. It looks like a good solid unit. They now have a chain instead of a rubber belt, they have 2 motors, and the tie downs look more solid then the first gen. models. I had him give me a price for a new 1.5 Tornado with the inverted V, they want $4900 for it.
  4. I ran a fist gen no vibrator or inverted v and I paid around 4500(cnd) taxes in I got a price on a new one at 5300 or 5600 plus tax(I cannot remember which) a arctic or snoway (again cannot remeber this was 4 months ago talking about skids and the subject came up) electric stainless was 6000 to be honest for that kind of money I think I will be leaning towards the stainless. The first gen worked fine and I had no real issues with it other then keeping up on belt tension. To me its just for a few hundred more you get a lot more rugged piece of equipment IMO.
  5. Snow Miser

Snow Miser Senior Member

I am a Fisher dealer, as well as a snow contractor, and I got to see the demo for the new polycaster about 2 months ago and it is a very nice unit. But they cost quite a bit more. I have a couple the first generation going for $3400 a piece, but these news are going to cost around $4700 for the 7', and the bigger ones are going to be just under $6000. But overall I think its a better unit with a dual electric motors and chain feeder. But not sure if it is worth the extra money
  6. IA snoman

IA snoman Senior Member
    from Ia

I called one of my closest dealers Friday afternoon and they told me $4800 carry out on the 8Ft. 1.8 cu yd. Gonna call some more on Monday.
  7. jlouki01

jlouki01 Senior Member

Quality Truck Equipment ( sponsor on the site ) sold me the 1.8 cu yd. for 4800 + 180.00 shipped to Cincinnati.

Will post some information once I get it in my hot little hands. Should be late next week..
  8. juspayme

juspayme Senior Member

i just purchased that same unit ask for doug wallem. same price. delivered when they said . good people to work with
  9. dhayes125

dhayes125 Junior Member

Metropolitan truck in Stoughton MA $3800 installed for second generation fisher 7 footer ... no vibrator or inverted V.
  10. Jake 0424

Jake 0424 Junior Member
    from Boston

thats what metro in stoughton told me too and i was curios if it was for the first or second gen?
  11. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i just bought 2 2nd gen 1.5 for 3822.00 each...no vib , no inverted V ...picked up
    last 2 they had ...said no more until at least feb