1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seatbelt bing

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by FCLCinMaine, Dec 7, 2006.

1. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

Is there any way to stop the binging when i dont have the seatbelt on???

2. johndeereguy

johndeereguy Senior Member
    from Iowa

seat belt

Yes there is, go to your owners manual and there is a sequence you go through to quit this and also there is one to not have all the doors lock on you

3. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

dont have one...can anyone help a brotha out?? :D

4. lqmustang

lqmustang Member

This is a book, so you owe me a beer for this one. :drinkup:

1st, be sure the parking brake is set, gearshift in park, ignition off, doors are closed, and drivers safety belt is unbuckled.

1. Turn ingition switch to RUN, don't start the engine
    2. Wait until safety belt warning light turns off (about 1 minute)
    3. within 60 seconds after the safety belt warning light turns off, buckle then unbuckle the safety belt 9 times, ending with the belt unbuckled.
    -safety belt light will will be turned on for 3 seconds
    4. Within 10 seconds of the light turning on, buckle then unbuckle the seat belt
    - this will deactivate the belt minder if it is enabled, as well as re-activating it if it is not enabled.

Some additional text that should not affect your outcome has been omitted. I am gonna try the same thing tomorrow. Been wondering myself how to get rid of that annoying ding.
    BTW, as crazy as this sounds, it is really right from the manual for my 2005 F350.

5. sonicblue2003

sonicblue2003 Senior Member

You forgot to " Close your eyes and spin around 5 times and face north when you stop".LOL

6. Andrewe

Andrewe Junior Member

Tried it today and it works. No more stupid bing noise.:D

7. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

I did it today.....it worked. I cant thank you enough. I owe you a 30 rack!! I feel like i got a new toy!!!!:bluebounc

8. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Also, you must click your heels 3 times.

Sorry....my daughter's been watching the Wizard of Oz everyday.

My bad.:blush2:

9. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

What kind of truck do you have? If its a Ford then yes you can, you have to take it to the dealer so they can program a few things differently.

10. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

It worked, no more binging...

11. dieseld

dieseld Senior Member
    from 90210

I just unplugged ours under the seat and it worked, no interference with the power seat either.

12. LB Landscaping

LB Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I go the easy route, take the middle belt and click it into the drivers side buckle!!!!

13. SmsSnowPlowing

SmsSnowPlowing Junior Member

i have a 03 and all i have to do is hold down the red button on the seat belt for a couple of seconds and it stops

14. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

How about just wearing your seat belt.........radical idea I know......

D

15. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

I agree when your driving from stop to stop but while plowing, no thanks.

16. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

It's also quite easy to unhook the key in ignition bing, bing too. Hate those stupid things, I know when I leave the key in the ignition and don't need to be reminded of it.

That and the stupid "Smart Lock" that unlocks the driver's door if you hit the lock button or keyless lock when open. It's the farthest thing from "smart". When I hit either of the buttons, I want the doors locked, not 3 of the 4. Morons.

OK, I'm done venting now. I better go take some BP meds.

17. FCLCinMaine

FCLCinMaine Member
    from Maine

i always wear it when driving, i dont wear it when im sitting at the end of my driveway waiting for the kids to get off the bus.

18. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

Thats kick ass. I'm going to try that in the tauraus the next time I drive the mileage beater. I hate the seatbelt. So I just click it behind me. I broke my clavicale when I was 12 and it never healed correctly. The belt rubs the **** out of it and bugs me for ever afterwards. So now I have a card that gets me off of the seatbelt law. xysport

19. 02powerstroke

02powerstroke PlowSite.com Addict

Will this work on a 2002 f-250 and how do you kill the key dinger noise.

20. seville009

seville009 Senior Member
    from CNY

I've tried this seatbelt thing on my 2006 F350 probably ten times, and can't get it to work.

After I do the buckle/unbuckle nine times, the seatbelt light never lights up again.

I have the parking brake set, etc. I buckle and unbuckle the nine times at regular pace - not real slow and not real fast.

For those of you that were successful, what I am I missing here?

Thanks