1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seatbelt Alarm

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by ACutAboveLand, Nov 13, 2003.

1. ACutAboveLand

ACutAboveLand Junior Member
    from NJ

I was wondering if anyone had an Idea on how to disconect the alarm in the truck for when the seatbelt is not connected. That beeping is the most annoying noise that I ever heard. I always wear my belt but if you don't connect it immediatly it will sound. Please help me. I have a Ford F-350 SD. Thanks for the Help.
  2. Plow Meister

Plow Meister PlowSite.com Addict

You SHOULD wear your seat belt! :nono:

But... If you absolutely refuse to, you COULD always put the center lap belt male connector into the drivers seat latch. This will trick the alarm into thinking the belt is correctly secured. Now, I don't do this :angel: but somehow I know it works.
  3. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

Read the owner's manual. There is a ritual you can perform to disable the alarm.
  4. bgrover

bgrover Member

BWinkel has it right, if you want to disable the alarm it's in the owners manual, I did it on my 2002 Explorer. It's something bizarre like turning the key on and off a couple of times then within a time limit inserting the seatbelt buckle and removing it some number of times. Once done the dash will flash a light to tell you it saved the setting.
  5. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

It helps to have two people to perform the ceremony. One to read the instructions, the other to do the tasks. It took us a number of tries to get it right - couldn't stop laughing.
  6. beverlylawncare

beverlylawncare Member

The ritual is easier done with two people. Another trick if you only want a temporary fis is each time the bell starts to ding, just press in on the red release button. This tricks the truck into thinking you have the belt in. It works on my 2001.
  7. vector6

vector6 Senior Member

I guess i went overboard...

I let it buzz while standing on my head... removed the irritating thing.. took it apart... disabled the buzzer apparatus and re installed it.

no buzzing now..

8. On my truck, all I have to do is push the release button and that kills the buzzer thing. Give it a try.
  9. BWinkel

BWinkel Senior Member

I'll have to try the button trick on my wife's truck. She said she'd kill me if I disabled her alarm.