1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seat problems

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by beam, Feb 22, 2009.

1. beam

beam Senior Member
    from pa

I own a 2006 dodge ram quad cab tha drivers side seat it falling apart on the cushion looks like a dust storm underneath the seat anyone else with the same problem?????:realmad:

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah every one that owns a Cloth seat Dodge and drives the truck has same issue. All the old 94-98 Had the seat rip on the side. Now all the new ones have seats that are rock becuase the foam falls apart and you are sitting on the metal rails.

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Stop picking up those heavy hotties everynight and that'll fix your problem! lol

My buddy has an '07 Ram 1500 and the driver's side seat fell apart. Seems to be a common problem.

4. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

I have a 05 and having the same problem

5. augerandblade

augerandblade PlowSite.com Addict

:jester:Could be all that fast food yer eatin when yur busy plowing. Too much gas in yer tank

6. rjnjr1019

rjnjr1019 Senior Member

that could be

7. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

I have a giant hole in my seat too. Just keeps getting bigger.

8. streetsurfin'

streetsurfin' Senior Member

The 96 I bought had an accessory seat cushion placed on the seat and then a seat cover placed over that. The cushions are what you would place on lawn chairs or something of the sort-square pad maybe 3/4" think. Previous owner said he had always kept them on there like that and it seems to have saved the seat from that common problem of excessive wear. The seat covers have also bolstered up the side and kept it from tearing from sliding in and out. I also take care to not slide in or out, but instead I make sure to lift myself up, then onto or off of the seat. So, seat pad and seat cover to save your seats.

9. augerandblade

O Kay now I want to save me seat pad and seat cover, what do I put on top of that:jester:

10. augerandblade

Getaway from all that fast food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:jester:

11. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

same problem o4 2500 thought is was shinking cant see over the hood like before. hen it get bad enough ill send the seat out to get restuffed