1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seat cushion

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by BWhite, Dec 30, 2002.

1. BWhite

BWhite Senior Member

The drivers seat cushion in my 97 ram has lost its newness ( Its flat ) the Dodge boys want $500-600 for a new lower cushion !!!!!!!!!!!!! anybody have any alternative ideas ?

2. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

Check a scrap yard or a local upholstery shop.
    You should be able to find a real good seat at a scrap yard, then just bolt it in.
    An upholstery shop may be able to rebuild what you already have.
    We have had good luck with both options.

Good luck
    Mark K

3. wyldman

wyldman Member

It's common on these trucks.Get some stiff high density foam,remove the seat cover,and build it up underneath.You may want to do the lumbar area too,as the support sucks there as well.An upolstry shop could do it for you as well.

4. RGP

RGP Junior Member

I drive a 1998 Dodge..same problem. I went out and picked up an orbus-form seat cover. it worked for me and only cost about $25 bucks CDN. Plus it has heat and Masage. It is not a "true" seat cover but it has a full bottom and a 3/4 back to it. :cool: ;)

5. chris k

chris k Senior Member

If you want to drive to Foxboro I can give you the name of a really good auto upholster. Oh my 97 Dodge is the same way.