1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seat comfort...

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 496 BB, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

While I have built a custom center console for my bench seat now that houses the joystick and Im thinking a little more comfort might be needed. I love the bench seat but I think having buckets will be better on an already bad back.

For the guys that are running the 1995-1998 style Chevy trucks how are the bucket seats in those during a storm?

Any other brand seat suggestions for an '85 Chevy?
  2. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Well, my only familiarity with chevy seats are the bucket seats from a 2000 S10. WORST SEATS EVER. Any time I ever had to sit in it for more than a couple of hours, it made my whole back and neck hurt and gave me a serious headache. I've never had that problem with any other vehicle, either before or after.

So the only thing I can suggest, is that you don't get S10 seats.
  3. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

Go to Goodwill and pick up a used Lazy Boy recliner and custom fit it in the truck. :) You'll need a extended cab to do it though. They're kinda big.
  4. blazer2plower

blazer2plower Senior Member

My seats from my 2000 ZR2. Are different than that of a normal s10 might want to look at them.
  5. hatefulmechanic

hatefulmechanic Senior Member

I've got a 97 and had the factory bench reupholstered, the guy contoured the foam a little more than normal and it is one of the most comfortable seats I have ever ran, aside from a BMW.

/useless info.
  6. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

Yeah yeah, ZR2. So was mine. HORRIBLE seats.
  7. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Not looking for S10 seats. Mainly just the 95-98 Chevy fullsize seats. Was just wondering if they are more comfortable then a bench seat with the arm rest and all.
  8. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

The buckets in those trucks are amazing. Our 99 Tahoe is damn comfortable and its on its original foam and upholstery and still looks nice. And I think theres mice in the seats.
  9. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Out of all my trucks 02 GMC 2500 Bucket Seats are the best