1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seat belts stuck

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by hosenfeffer, Dec 4, 2009.

1. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

Both my seat belts in 99 dodge 4x4 are stuck retracted. Unhitched battery and still stuck so it is not a code problem I assume. Is there a sensor or such and located where?

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

seat belts are mechanical so unhooking the battery was useless. chaces are they are twisted up inside, pull the cover off and take a look not much to them.

3. hosenfeffer

hosenfeffer Senior Member
    from nh

yeah, but both at once? I was assuming it was the sensor or "tilt" mechanism that locks the belts when braking or nosediving.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2009
  4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Fluid Film the crap out of them

5. M.S.P.M.

M.S.P.M. Senior Member

Just like clark lawn said seat belts are mechanical they have nothing to do with your battery. Take them off they are probably twisted, but if that does'nt help go to the local junk yars and get some new ones. All you need to take them off is a torex bit and a rachet they are really simple.