1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seat belt alarm

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Load-4, Oct 23, 2007.

1. Load-4

Load-4 Junior Member

I read this in a post last year that there is a sequence of turning on/off ignition that will shut off the seat belt alarm. Supposedly it's in the owners manual, but lacking one of those, I can't be sure. If anybody has this info on the 2004 F-250, I'd really appreciate it.
    Thanks!

2. bigjoe871

bigjoe871 Senior Member

This should work

'04 SeatBelt Reminder Disable Instructions:

Put the truck in park.
    Apply parking brake
    Igntion off
    All doors closed
    Drivers seat belt un-buckled
    Lights in the off postition.

Now:

Turn igntion on
    Wait untill the seatbelt warning light turns off
    Next step must be completed within 60 seconds:
    Buckle/unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times - ending with it unbuckled

After succefully doing the above step the warning light should turn on for 3 seconds.
    Now within 10 seconds of the light turning on buckle/unbuckle the seatbelt.

If done successfully the seatbelt warning light should flash 4 times per second for 3 seconds to confirm that you disabled the "dinger".

3. Load-4

Load-4 Junior Member

Joe,
    Thanks a lot! I'll give it a try!

4. newlooklandscp

newlooklandscp Senior Member
    from Midwest

or just reach under the seat and unplug the sensor. just one problem the damn dealer will plug it back in everytime your truck get serviced. but then just repeat step one.

5. JeepCreepn01

JeepCreepn01 Senior Member
    from Ohio

in your manual it tells you how to turn it off and on

6. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

And on some trucks it only shuts it off one ignition sequence and next startup the POS is back working. And others, it's off permanently. :dizzy:

8. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

I'm Dyslexic

One of our work trucks it wont work to turn it off, so we went to the junk yard cut a belt apart for the clip and just stuck it in cost us $2.00

9. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

I checked my manual...

and sure enough...there were the instructions for disabling the ding ding...took on the 2nd try (my mistakes) and I'm loving the no ding ding now...
    My instructions were a bit different than the one posted here...if anybody wants me to post my instructions, I'd be happy to (2004 F250 SD Ext. Cab Short Bed)
    The dinging is permanently "shut off" not just a one time thing...I can re-enable it any time.

10. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Is there anyway to turn off the key is in the ignition alarm? It drives use nuts in the squad it is way too loud. The dispatch radio does not work for long without the key on.

11. JeepCreepn01

from Ohio

dont think so, all i could think is to take out the alarm itself

12. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Piece of cake, take the 3 screws out of the bottom of the steering column cover, look for the wire going into the ignition switch, it should be black with a red or pink stripe, pull it out, tape it, reinstall cover and enjoy the piece and quiet. Did it on all my trucks and our squad too.