1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal Snow quote

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by RDS, Oct 27, 2009.

1. RDS

RDS Junior Member

I am bidding 4 Box Stores that want a flat price for the entire season for Snow Removal and Ice Control. Each property is around 500,000 square feet of parking with very minimal sidewalk work. The sidewalks can mostly be done with skidloaders. The ice control and snow is one lump sum price. I have done these propeties in the past and am considering just averaging the last 4 years and using that number but don't know if that will be competetive enough. Don't want to work for nothing either. Any body have something similar? What kind of price did you get? I am using loaders with snow dozers, 10' V plows on medium duty single axle dump trucks and pickups with V blades. I have access to large loaders if needed in the event of a large storm.
  2. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

I'd build a seasonal with 10 1-4 storms, plow&shovel, 15 saltings & sidewalk treatments, and cap it. Now having shared that, it's a fair formula based on the weather history in my area. You'd likely have to customize for your area. And after reaching the cap, whereever you set it it goes into the bracketed pricing. The cap makes it fair to you.......I like seasonals, but only with a cap, I'd never bid a site, all inclusive. At least not and be competitive. So, figure out your 5-7 yr average total storm accumulations and how many times in an average season you'll salt. Don't forget to fudge your # a little to include ice watch T&M.