1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal Sales Percentage

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by framer1901, May 1, 2015.

1. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

How high do you let your seasonal sales dollars get as compared to your anticipated sales? Like if you anticipate 400k in sales (basing off seasonal averages), do you hope to limit your seasonal dollars to say 20%, 30%???

How much you sell might have an impact, how much you owe on equipment, do you rent special equipment.....

I'm just thinking for our seasonal fluctuations, us owing little to nothing, we do a fair amount of work - I'd really like to see our seasonal percentage go down, it's in the low 30's, high 20's - low 30's for just plowing only, salt and walks not included in that number..
  2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

Wow...must be different in major lake effect country. If I could have 100% seasonal I'd be ecstatic. We're about 90% now.