1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seasonal rate

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by turftamer, Nov 30, 2007.

1. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

i have a driveway i will plow at 50per push, the owner changed there mind and they want a seasonal rate now,,,,,,,,please help what should i charge them,,,thanks for your help ,

2. KINNCO

KINNCO Senior Member

How many times did you push the last year or two?Maybe take an average and add a few??
    I've had clients ask the same and we just don't get the consistant snow like up north around the lakes to do seasonal. I haven't been in the business long enough, but looking forward to hearing what the pros sayxysport

3. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

Do you have any historical data - Like how much snow your area averages per season or how may times it snows? What level of service do they want - Like push at your discretion or every 3-4 inches? What is the trigger? Do they want any ice treatment or sanding/salting? Do they expect you to come back at the end of the storm to "clean up"?

4. Mick

from Maine

Well, I just looked up one of those and Cortland averages 88.1" of snow over the past 30 years. So, if I can assume you will just push at your discretion at the end of a snowstorm, a 3" trigger and no ice control with general snowfall depths, I think I'd use factor of "16" and charge $800 per season ($50x16).

5. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

trigger is 2" they want it cleared by 730am and a clean up at end of the storm,no ice treatment,we get about 10 good storms 6+ and some lake effect,

6. Mick

from Maine

Maybe "18".

7. turftamer

turftamer Junior Member

thanks for your help,still new to this