1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seasonal pricing - residential driveway...

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by alohazabel, Oct 4, 2014.

1. alohazabel

alohazabel Member

what do you guys charge for a flat seasonal rate for typical suburban driveway?

one car wide maybe thirty or forty ft long?

two cars wide?

I realize prices vary tremendously from area to area, just trying to get a ball park. I've been telling people $350-$500.

Thanks in advance.

2. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

the way to figure a seasonal, is to know what to charge per visit, then know the average amouint of plowable events for your trigger, then multiply your per push price by the amount of events & like magic you got a reasonable seasonal price.

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Craigslist, cheap cheap cheap

5. alohazabel

alohazabel Member

doesn't that seem ridiculous?

At approx. 20 plows per season, his price is $7.50 per plow?

I'm figuring $15- $20. per plow for a regular driveway.

Is that too high for upstate NY?

6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Tiered pricing, start where you want to be and if no bites drop a little till you start getting signups.

7. BC Handyman

BC Handyman PlowSite.com Addict

Holy $150!!!! I've said it before & I'll say it again, I wipe off a car for season for more $ ($180plus tax) No wonder you don't do driveways GV

8. treetech

treetech Junior Member

I just finished all the quotes for this winter. My topical driveways are based on the last 3 years of visits. Most driveways are 20$ per blow or 500-600 for the season. Hope it helps. I'm in sw ontario

9. Southwestgarden

Southwestgarden Junior Member

150$ per season? Really? And I thought we were low in West Island Montreal... 250$ I am charging the same as I was in 98 before I put out for John Deeres. And some Aholes out here are going lower. .. Some people just leave too much money on the table..

10. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

11. UnitedInc

UnitedInc Member

12. locallawncare.c

locallawncare.c Member

Around here a suburban driveway that parks 4 cars, 2x2, would be anywhere from 500-700 for the season, depends on the company and amount of shoveling involved, however there are many people who do it for less, but these are just some guy in a truck and not a real company.