1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal pricing check

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by abbe, Oct 15, 2014.

1. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

I have had minimal experience with seasonal contracts. My work had always been billed out per event. I have a chance to put a seasonal proposal together for a 150k sqf shopping location. Sidewalks are included as is straight salt. No removal or hauling, as that is charged out seperate. It's a simple site for a truck and skid steer.

We average 40" or so of accumulation each year here. Last year I treated my lots between 20-25 times.

I have an idea on my seasonal price but just wanted to see if I'm in the right ballpark or not.

Thoughts?

2. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

How about a picture also

3. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

you already know how to bill out per storm.

Figure this out as per storm, then take your starting price for the first 2 inches and times that by 20.

snowfall per year divided by trigger gives you your base number.

base number times trigger amount

lets say a 2inch storm is $1,000 to push, do sidewalks and salt

$1,000 x 20 = $20,000

Seasonal is a risk for us in the short term, long term it pays out.

I wouldn't touch this without at least a 2 year contract.

4 years would be much better with price increases built in to cover increase in your costs, higher gas, higher product, etc...

4. gc3

gc3 Senior Member

Hey MS, if you did a 2 or 4 year contract with yearly increases built in, how much % increases would they be personally for you?

5. MSsnowplowing

would depend on the site. fuel prices, product, labor, Ranging from 5 to 20
    %

6. abbe

abbe Senior Member
    from RI

Thanks for the help MS. That formula is pretty spot on. I was shooting in the 18-20k ballpark. Glad I am not in left field. Ill hang onto that bit of knowledge. Thanks

7. MSsnowplowing

Np and one more thing, always add some extra if it's a pita