1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal price

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joey D, Oct 8, 2003.

1. Joey D

Joey D Senior Member

I want to offer the few drives I do a seaonal price this year as it will help with billing. Would I use the current per price rate and multiply it by a the # of average plowable events?
    Where is this number from?

2. wyldman

wyldman Member

That's pretty much it.You need to be pretty accurate in your # of plowable events.Do some research on the snowfall data for your area,or ask some other local guys who use seasonal pricing.

You can add in a max total snowfall amount for the season,as well as a blizzard clause to protect you for an extreme winter.Getting a multi-year contract is key too,so it averages out over the years.Offer the multi-year with little or no price increases over the term of the contract.If they want to sign for one year only,then I usually tack on an extra 10 %.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2003