1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal Price Next Year??????

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Flawless440, Jan 28, 2012.

1. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I'm curious will this no snow winter cause customers to lower the price on seasonal contracts. Lowes, Homedepot, Walmart, Target, Etc.

Isn't it based on a 5 year average?

2. nor'easter1

nor'easter1 Senior Member

That is an absolute guarantee. Us plow guys can give 5, 10, 20 yr histories it does not matter. Customers will only remember what did not happen this year. As companies look to cut further the costs of there business bang snow and grass reduction every time. I am a 50/50 guy with my contracts per and seasonal and yes I can safely say no increases next year unless fuel does something crazy. In my area if we get 40-50" snow no problem customer sign again. Less than 40" instant shopping and more than 50" like last year you get a thank you and also "your not going to raise prices on us next year", snow has become busy work only for me you make a buck you pay a buck.

3. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Three year contract three year contract three year contract

4. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Personally, I highly doubt that it will change with the bigger accounts.

Most of the stores listed originally were doing the contracts in house, and I'm willing to guarantee that they are paying less now then they did 10-15 years ago before the nationals came in.

5. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

Brickmen has most of them here, my buddy had target last year and refused to take them back this year, do to the price. He subed it all out except the salt

6. BSDeality

BSDeality Senior Member

if everyone stuck to their guns, the price would be the same or better. however, it takes just one plow jockey behind on a payment to buckle and discount his rate. then a landslide happens.

7. Boomer123

Boomer123 Senior Member

+1.........