1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seasonal or per plow drifting cleanup?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by ontario026, Dec 11, 2009.

1. ontario026

ontario026 Senior Member

just wanted to see how most of you handle drifing on both seasonal customers and per push customers?

Is drifting covered in your seasonal contracts? or billed as an extra? do you actively check all your seasonal contracts for drifting after a decent wind? or only clean up drifting if the customer calls?

What about per push?

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Depend on how much time it takes to clean up the drift.
  3. cplmac

cplmac Senior Member
    from Dundee

Same here, if it's just a little bit of cleanup along the edges I don't charge for it. Now if the drifting covers the majority of the lot up to the trigger depth then I'd charge for it.
  4. Bajak

Bajak Senior Member

I include cleaning up drifting in my seasonal price, so no I don't charge extra for that. However if the drifting occurs where I need to push it across the lot to the snow storage area, it will likely need to be salt/sanded at my discretion. That is an extra.

On a per push basis I would bill it at that or a percentage depending on how long it takes.

I check all my seasonals regularly. I never know when the town plow is going to get bored and plow the entrances in.
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2009