1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seasonal contracts

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by green frog, Feb 16, 2007.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I plow only residential driveways but this winter have had to go out twice the same day on 3 seperate occasions. Do you build in a extra charge for plowing twice the same day? Or just build it into your seasonal contract. I am eating it this year because contracts run $245-$375 for the season and been out 18 times already.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would think a seasonal contract would have no extras for plowing. One price for the year regardless of trips. Last snowfall for us was 8". Of the 8 places I do, they were all done twice and 2 of them done 3 times. Experience will tell you that 16 snowfalls might mean 20 plowing events.

3. We've had 3 plowable snows here in 10 days. The old bittys will be whining now with no. 3 coming down rt. now. "I can't afford all this, I'm on a fixed income you know"

I bet people take advantage of my seasonal rates next year, they haven't yet b/c we rarely get 4 plowable snows a season.

**In a heavy snow area like NY, I'd figure on 2 pushes per lot/drive, per snow and price yourself accordingly.

I always tend to be a little high on my services, pest control, lawn care, wildlife removal. I don't want to work 14 hrs. a day and sell every job. I want a reasonable amount at MY rate and let the other customers go elsewhere if they don't like my price.