1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seasonal contracts + weather info

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by sluggermn, Dec 27, 2008.

1. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

Hey all
    Just wondering where you get your information on average snow falls and yearly snow accumulation.
    the reason I am asking is I have a couple of commercial contracts that are really slow to pay like 45 to 60 days out. and I want to sign them up for a seasonal price to be prepayed at the start of the winter so I dont have to wait so long for payment (which is getting really old!)
    I want to be able to be fair but I also do not want to lose my butt by underpricing the account.
    any tips on where you get your snow info and also how you handle selling the seasonal contract. also any thing you add or leave out of the contract as selling points....
    thanks

slugger

2. mycirus

mycirus Senior Member
    from Mass

Why not just put in your current contract late fees after 30 days?

3. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

4. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

both are not for profit org's so I really dont want to be an A hole but I figured if I sell them on a seasonal and get advance payment.... problem solved.

just a thought any way.

slugger

5. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

How do you change the city on the NOAA website? I am looking for Austin, MN or is the Twin Cities the closest you can get.

6. pongow26

pongow26 Senior Member

See if they have a direct deposit payment they could make or a CC they could pay with. Paypal or Quickbooks allow you to accept CC payments

7. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

good thought pong I will have to try that!

I have not figured out how to change the city either any help guys ?

slugger

8. TurfSolutionsMN

TurfSolutionsMN Senior Member
    from MN

Anyone know how??