1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seasonal contract

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by bsmitty, Jul 22, 2010.

1. bsmitty

bsmitty Member
    from Chicago

Hi

New to the site and looking for some help. I have a client that is looking for a seasonal contract and I have never bid on a contract like this. What I am looking for is the amount of snowfalls or pushes for the last three years on average so I can give a fair bid on this property. The contract is for a western suburb of Chicago ( St. Charles). Any help would be great.

Bsmitty

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Figure out how much you'll charge per push then multiply it by your average numbers of pushes. Sorry,don't know your snow totals there.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

4. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

pretty good advice, but dont think its failproof, many times i end up thousands over or thousands under and have to adjust at the end to really what i feel is a fair price... but gives you a close starting point usually.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I've been fairly close all the time.In fact sometimes I'll round it up a little higher just to make sure that it's a good deal for me.

6. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

well your better at it then i am :p