1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal Contract Payments

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by NU-Plowr, Dec 27, 2004.

1. NU-Plowr

NU-Plowr Member

How do you guys typically charge? All up front? 50 down 50 at the end, or by the month with a contract start and end date?

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

50% up front and 50% half way through the season for residential. For commercial it is a 5 month contract and we bill 20% at the end of each month.

3. Billz

Billz Member

We charge residentials 100% up front, and commercials 50% up front, and 50% Due Jan 15...

4. Dnipro Max

Dnipro Max Member

residental are most all 100% up front, and coulpe with 50% down and 50% in january

5. plowman350

plowman350 Senior Member

up front

I charge all residentials 100% right up front before I push the first inch. On the commercials I give them an option to make one or two payments, of course I charge more for 2 payments:

For example:

Option 1: One seasonal payment of $900
    Option 2: Two seasonal payments of $500. Pmt 1 due immediately, pmt 2 due by Jan 15th.

I do ALL of my contracts annually. Sometimes I come out better, sometimes the customer wins. Same with per/push or per inch. Someone will always come out better than others depending on snow that year. My philosophy is that my mortgage company doesn't care whether it snows or not, they just want to get paid, so I need to make sure the money is in the bank regardless of weather.

6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

I only have three like that and all of them are 100% up front.

Regards Mike

7. The Coach

The Coach Junior Member

100% up front.

I offer a "deal" for all seasonals. (based on yearly average snow falls)

They save $$, and i don't have to wait to be paid. payup