1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seasonal bid on residential property. Please help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by Lawnman883, Dec 8, 2008.

1. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

Hey guys,
    new to this but i have the opportunity to bid on a larger residential driveway then i normally have. What would you guys estimate you'd bid for something like this. He said it is on an incline and wants ice control too.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

50-60 plus salt?. Very easy to plow.
  3. Gicon

Gicon Senior Member
    from MA

$75 per 6" for plowing, plus whatever you do with chemicals.
  4. Lawnman883

Lawnman883 Member

thanks for the thoughts. gives me the ballpark i should be in. i am new to this and just dont want to be too low.
  5. BobCun

BobCun Junior Member

Did you get this job ? He asked me to bid on it too, but never heard back.
  6. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

I bid 2 the same if not a little bigger $26 per push ....nuttin.
  7. $26 per push is too cheap. Look at all the suggestions. Your no where near what people suggested. If you can't get this waahoo at $26 then then he isn't worth it. Tell him you'll sell him a shovel for $20.00 and throw in a box of table salt for his steps.
  8. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

kinda cheap for a seasonal price:D
  9. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

3K should cover you.
  10. KAG

KAG Senior Member

How many pushable events a year do you have there? I came up with $2450.00. Add a surcharge clause for anything over 5 inches.
  11. kws

kws Junior Member

are you for real!!??

$26 is too way cheap!!

this winter is gonna be the worst !!!

3k seasonal

85 plus salt!
  12. kootoomootoo

kootoomootoo Senior Member

When one of you guys Ballz up and shows a signed contract with pictures showing you get $3k per season I will believe you.

Until then you just get pushed aside to the rest I have seen come and go in 8yrs on here as living in Fantasy Land.
  13. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

I would be bidding that driveway around here for about $45/push plus salt/calcium, or whatever chemicals. Multiply that by anywhere from 15-20 events a year here in ohio depending on where you are in the snowbelt, and that would be a competitive going rate for OUR area. $26 is just plain rediculous.
  14. SpruceLandscape

SpruceLandscape Senior Member

That price is also considering that the average event in MY service area is usually 4" or less
  15. shovelracer

shovelracer Senior Member

I did what Kootoomootoo asked, but decided I didnt like my contract on here. Say what you want. Plowing is hard work, and doing it right takes care and skill. Lots of people work for free and if you cant get 3K for that drive where you probably get 20 storms than you shouldnt be in business.

This driveway pulled in 3300+/- last year and that doesnt include an additional 600 in emergency tree removal.

scan 2.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2008
  16. eshskis

eshskis Senior Member
    from 4

what would you charge?