1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

seasonal bid help

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by pipelayer, Nov 19, 2014.

1. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

giving a seasonal price to one of my commercial accounts. i already have the numbers worked up, and im all set there, but when should i end my season, i came up with march 1st, then charge per event from there, just want an opinion before i give them the contract. thanks. also, i carry commercial insurance, which i havent looked into my underwritings, but how many people on here are bonded in CT, one customer asked me specifically, and before i put a call into my insurance co, i was wondering if it was covered under most commerical policies . thanks

2. linckeil

linckeil PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

march 1st? i wouldn't consider that to be the end of the season. march 31st is more like it. snow is much more likely in march then not. if i was the client i would expect a seasonal contract to cover all (or at least the first half) of march.

3. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

November 1st till April 30th and price accordingly.
    Most of our storms we get in Jan, Feb and March, I don't remember plowing once in 8 years in April.

I used to end mine on April 1st but everyone kept thinking I was joking :laughing:

4. pipelayer

pipelayer Senior Member
    from CT

ok cool thats why i wanted to get some opinions.