1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Season contract

Discussion in 'Bidding & Estimating' started by snowconcepts, Oct 10, 2010.

1. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

I need a little help. I was offered to take care of 2 restaurants in my area. The problem is that they want a season price for the snow instead of per push and per salting. I know alot of companies are going this route and need a little help as to how to figure out a price.

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

OK... maybe a bit more information.

3. snowconcepts

snowconcepts Member

What all goes into pricing a seasonal contract? What factors do you take into account in order to come up with 1 price.

4. Rc2505

Rc2505 PlowSite.com Addict

You need to take a 3 to 5 year average of snow fall totals, how many pushes occured for each storm, how many salting only events took place and average it all out. Add 1 or 2 more pushes to those totals, and use your per push price to figure out a seasonal contract. It is best to sign a 3 to 5 year deal up front, that way if you have a bad winter 1 year, and a light winter the next it averages out, and your still, ahead of the game. Also break down the total and get 4 or 5 monthy installments out of them. This insures money comming in over the entire season.

5. new9horizon

new9horizon Junior Member
    from dedgg

As for good contract you can take help of both management companies and associations for good business. You can do business by connecting to communities that are located within your service area. So you can do your work easily.