1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

season contract question

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bigearl, Mar 7, 2008.

1. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

Do you fix lawn damage if you dont do get the spring clean upand mowing contract?
  2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I do and I'm not in the Lawn Business. Cheap goodwill.
  3. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I do on the resi but I was wondering about the commercial lots
  4. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I do just as a quick favor to those who give me their business. If its bad enough that it takes more then 2 seconds, then i really messed somthing up and I should be doing it for free anyways. I won't fix somthing if its caused by the owner driving all over their lawn beacuse they want to move their car out of the way or somthing though
  5. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

I do, it keeps people happy and more willing to re-sign with you again next season. I get a yard of soil, seed and penn mulch and go to town. I messed a few up pretty bad this year, so maybe more than a yard of dirt this time, LOL:D
  6. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Of course.
  7. Snowpower

Snowpower Senior Member

Yeah me too. I'll be makin the rounds with seed soil few slabs o' sod a few shrubs :eek: and a half a dozen solar landscape lights.

So far.
  8. bigearl

bigearl Senior Member

I have to replace a picnic table this year I think i'll do the same I usually do the resi that way whats a couple more right
  9. plowman4life

plowman4life Senior Member

we always repair any damage that we cause. no matter what it is.
  10. kipcom

kipcom Senior Member
    from Indiana

I'm sooooo glad to see people taking responsability...this is what makes the customers respect you for what you do for them. Keep up the good work and remember to go out and repair the little "oop's" spots we leave behind sometimes.
  11. davink

davink Member

I do go and fix them up, but I have it written in the contracts that I am not responsible for any lawn or turf damage. Everyone signs it. I have found with people parking on the lawn and all that they sometimes THINK you did more damage than you really did. 99% of the time a simple fix makes people happy, but I had one once that thought I should tear up their whole lawn and buy sod to put down. Seed was not good enough, and I did not do the damage. This way I am covered that I can do only what i did really damagepurplebou
  12. Neige

Neige Sponsor

We fix everything we damage, it would be hard to resign someone if you don't.
    Exceptions are: electrical cords - traction aids - shovels, sleds, garbage can lids basically anything left in the drives that are covered in snow. Last year we included basketball nets. We ask our client to remove them or turn them around so that the lights on our tractors won't catch them.
  13. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

we are snow plowing/removal only
    we leave the lawn work to the LCO's.
    It's job security for them....;)

we have serviced the same accounts for 14yrs now and no one has said one word about any damage to the landscaping.

You should be a little more careful all your profits are getting pushed up in your piles...:waving:
  14. Sno4U

Sno4U Senior Member

Yup, we fix it if its an issue. Alot of times I notice stuff and think it has to get fixed. Spring rolls around and ya get busy and it gets forgotten about. Most all of the time people never call. So what I'm saying is alot of times I see stuff that other people don't care about or isn't an issue to them so why go thru the hassle? Alot of times while I'm plowing, if I peel up a little turf, I just get out of the truck rite then & there and put the sod back. Ya never see the booboo in Spring then!
    We do a pretty good job to begin w/. We only had 2 "issues" last Spring.
  15. QuadPlower

QuadPlower PlowSite.com Addict

All great comments posted.

I would answer it this way.

If you hired someone to do work for you and they damaged Anything, not just the grass, would you expect them to fix it? If Yes, then why would you not fix it for your customers if you did it. If No, then. . . I don't have an answer for you. You broke it you should fix it.