1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Searching on Lawnsite, and a new Plowing Forum FAQ

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Eric posted this on another thread....

-------------
    Eric ELM
    Senior Moderator/Administrative Assistant
    Chicago, IL USA

I think I figured it out
    If you click on the search option on a post, it takes you to the last search you did. If you go to the upper right of your screen and click on search, it gives you a new search screen. I had never clicked on a post search icon before today. Now I know what you are talking about. I still will make a search page for the snow forum. Please list what all you would like to see in this. I already have it started and will post the URL for it when I get some of it done.
    Eric
    -------------------------------

So, he will be making a search page for the Plow Forum. Basically a Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page. A list of topics, with links to the search results on Lawnsite.

He needs suggestions, but give him some time to put all the topics he already has on a page. This FAQ will grow, and it will cut down on the same topics being addressed over and over. That's not to say we don't want to revisit issues, but this way newcomers can find the info they need easier, as well us us Lawnsite "oldtimers".

~Chuck

2. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Mentor, Angel
    from Chicago

Search Links Page

Could someone please list some subjects that you would like to see on this search page? I have several, but I know when I upload it, someone will say, your forgot this or that, so let me know what you want on it now, PLEASE.

Eric

3. Eric ELM

from Chicago

It's Uploaded

I got some of it done, if you want more, let me know what to put in there, go to the bottom signiture link and click it to get there. I hope this helps you new members and older members that have had problems with the search.

Eric

4. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

5. 4 Saisons

4 Saisons Senior Member

something about the rates...contract, hourly, per plow, by inches...

6. Eric ELM

from Chicago

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll get them in there.

7. Frank

Frank Member

Eric
    good work on the search page,i think it mite have solved my problems.

thanks again