1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

searching for contracts

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by carsoncity, Jan 11, 2006.

1. carsoncity

carsoncity Member

Does everyone hate this as much as me? Phoning around and getting nowhere, dealing with rude people, people saying they already have someone and then hanging up. Do most of you drop off information about your company at their business or do you just phone around hoping to get lucky. I'm going to do up my own sheet explaining my business and start dropping them off. Let me know what methods you all use.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

What i do when trying to get more work is i send a letter first then make a follow up call. I'll ask if they got my letter and i tell them it was the letter in the day-glo envelope and they always find it right a way.
  3. hawks13

hawks13 Junior Member
    from Chicago

Its hard work, but it pays off. Just keep plugging away and you will get a lot of people. I have noticed a lot of people just wait for customers to come to them.