1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

searched, hiniker plow wont angle

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by baddassduramax, Feb 27, 2008.

1. baddassduramax

baddassduramax Junior Member
    from iowa

8' hiniker straight wont angle. stuck right. pump still spins, took solenoids on each side of pump apart cleaned them tried everything while apart and oil would run out where it is supposed to. put everything back together and still the same thing. up and down work fine. when i try to angle it it seems to move about a half an inch or so and it just seems like it is stuck or something. please help. thanks
  2. baddassduramax

baddassduramax Junior Member
    from iowa

fixed. left side cylinder was pushed out too far and would not go back in.
  3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

Sounds good but they don't just get stuck.
    If the ram is dented then it could stick..

I would take a good look at your plug.
    The little pins in side get damaged and dirty Or the conection at the coil is loose.
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2008
  4. ramsport1500

ramsport1500 Member

I agree, Check your plug ins, Clean them and use di electric grease on them
    This is a real problem with Hiniker plows, and others, they get corroded and loose contact
    Also, Make sure your grounds and others are clean, Again, clean all contacts and use Di Electric grease to make a good contact
  5. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

X2, this happened to me the first time I plugged it in after wiring up the truck. thought I really messed something up but it just wasnt plugged in all the way.