1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Search does not work! Pull plow questions.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Little Truck, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Little Truck

Little Truck Junior Member
    from Indy

I am about to give up on my search for a front plow for my Taco, and I am thinking maybe a pull plow for driveways.

Anybody here want to give me an experienced opinion on using one without a front plow.

I see that one manufacturer used a power angle set up, that don't look to bad. Anybody here think It would be silly to use a rear plow without a front plow? Any idea how much a setup like that costs compared to a smaller front plow ($3500-$4000)
  2. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

I dont use them anymore, because we can't with the salters, but as a user of rear plows for the last 10 years, I would like to know, how you are going to bank the snow without a front plow ??
  3. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

That would be my question as well. They are awesome for drives ect., but you will need a way to pile the snow once you drag it out. I have a truck with both a front and back plow for sale for $1500.
  4. Little Truck

Little Truck Junior Member
    from Indy

Stacking is an issue, funny how the manufacturers dont mention what to do once you get to the end of the driveway. I know one vendor keeps mentioning you can back push with his brand, but if you look at the plow mounts something is gona bend or break if you hit anything since there is no safety brake or other device to protect the hinge points.

If you weren't so far away I would express interest in your truck.
  5. midwestsnowguy

midwestsnowguy Member
    from midwest

we can push backwards with ours. just no spill off control but we do it all the time oing drives, no turning around gets them done faster.
  6. Metro can you get me a pic of the truck with the plows, I think i would like to get some more info about it