1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Sean...can we dump the rep points?

Discussion in 'Questions, Rules, Suggestions' started by Up North, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Up North

Up North Senior Member

I think this reputation point thing is headed in the same direction as it did on Lawnsite.com. Can we dump it before it gets to the point it did over there? Some people just don't know how to use it or just choose to abuse it. Seems that all it does is get people ticked off at each other and starts the childish bickering, finger pointing, name calling, etc. New guys that come on here may see that and really wonder what this site is all about. I know that if used properly it could be a benefit and actually help guys out, but some people just won't allow that to happen. If someone doesn't agree with a topic let them hash it out within the thread or PM's, it gets ugly when guys start slinging mud over a comment or a ding and doesn't know who did it.

Either capture the name of the person leaving the dings/comments or positive points. Or better yet just get rid of it please. You've got a great site here but this feature just breeds bad blood IMO.

2. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

I don't know why the rep points would work here if they didn't work on Lawnsite. I think its time to ditch them.
  3. Young Pup

Young Pup PlowSite Fanatic

I will be third on this vote. I believe it is not how many points that you have, but how good the information is that you give.I don't look to see what type of road you are on to believe it or not. If it makes sense and it works then why not give the information a try. We are all here to learn and benefit from this site. Just becuase it doesn't work for someone then it still doesn't mean that it is bad information. Just my .02.

4. gearhead

gearhead Member
    from ind.

I have to agree with what everyone else has said here.