1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Seafoam Products

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by PLOWMAN45, Oct 21, 2009.

1. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

Anyone here use saefoam products I started in the summer wow this stuff is great check there website its been around for a long time. I have replaced all the other crap with seafoam.
  2. Langanobob

Langanobob Junior Member

I'm curious what Seafoam did for you? I know it has an almost cult-like following but I tried it and was not impressed.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Search "seafoam" here on PS, there's several threads pertaining to it.
  4. PLOWMAN45

well its better then techron and lucas imo seafoam.com
  5. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

Sea Foam is a great product. I run it quite a bit in the winter to prevent gelling. I would use it exclusively if it wasn't so expensive. Adding a $7 can to each tank gets to be a little spendy.
  6. PLOWMAN45

yeah I have a wholesale account with napa its like 6.00 and you only need a little in the gas tank some in crank and some in pvc valve once a year i just pour small anounts in the gas
  7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Last edited: Oct 21, 2009
  8. PLOWMAN45

I use all the products accept the bug be gone great stuff i talked to Jim at the seafoam nice guy
  9. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

i think seafoam is the cats ass, we use it in with two stroke mix, and put a can in once or twice a year in all my vehicles.
  10. PLOWMAN45

i had a hestistaing garden tractor i did a tune up and poired some in bam more responsive
  11. disturban

disturban Junior Member

IMO I just don't believe in a mechanic in a bottle! However my wifes transmission was acting funny when cold, it would redline in first and then it was like it shifted in neutral. I am pretty sure it was a valve sticking so I tried Sea Foam Transmission Tune and it fixed it. The whole cleaning the intake crap IMO with todays clean running vehicles all you need is good gas, clean oil, fuel filter, air filter, pvc valve and you should never have a carbon problem. If you do nothing works better than water, rev motor to 3000 rpm and squirt just a little water at a time in the brake booster vacuum line. You guys might think this is insane but it is an old school trick that really does clean up the carbon and valve deposits.
  12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Internal engine carbon isn't nearly as much of an issue as it once was but you've obviously never had the intake, injectors, or throttle body off a late model vehicle then I'm assuming? Thats where the carbon buildup hides and the "manual" treatments are beneficial for.

Not insane at all, used to do it quite regularly years ago as a home brew method on carbureted vehicles and it works well. But it's not a good idea on a fuel injected vehicle as water (steam) is a contaminate to 02 sensors and it doesn't clean the root areas of carbon buildup in the intake system like previously mentioned anyway.
  13. PLOWMAN45

i didnt have to rev my engine all i had to was start it white smoke came out for a little while then i drove and what an improvement
  14. T-MAN

T-MAN PlowSite.com Addict

I am a sea foam user myself. When the cummins truck gets a fuel filter, I fill the filter bowl with sea foam before putting the cap on. Same goes for the boat, but I prime the filter with sea foam.
  15. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Seafoam is great stuff.