1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SE Michigan Snow & Ice Thread

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Five Star Lawn Care LLC, Dec 16, 2004.

1. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

Five Star Lawn Care LLC Senior Member

well i iknow quite a few guys also our on lawnsite and we have a pretty good SE michigan thread going for a couple of years over there so i figured i would start one for over here... just to BS, talk about market specific stuff, help eachother out and what not...

as most know i love winter and gladly talk about it everychance i get....im a very avid weather watched and never miss a snow event....

infact it looks like SE is about to get a small shot of snow right now....im going to head out and check out my properties....

hope we enjoy this thread and lets all pray for snow this weekend.....i know last weekend was a big money maker for me and i hope this one is too :)
  2. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

Nice to see someone else from around where I live(Berkley, Royal Oak area)... Feel free to PM me anytime...Take Care Man :)
  3. NU-Plowr

NU-Plowr Member

There are lots of us out here. I'm out in Milford/Highland/White Lake area.

Dodge 2500 Quad Cab V10
    7'6" Western plow

I plow cuz I can.
  4. HereToLearn

HereToLearn Member

I'm in the Flint area, but my dad is in White Lake. He lives on Oxbow Lake, you can see it from 59
  5. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

I plow in Ann Arbor, live in Pinckney :waving:
  6. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Im in Waterford,lets see some snow this weekend.

Regards Mike
  7. The Coach

The Coach Junior Member

Howdy! :waving:
    Just starting out in this racket.
    I live in Canton and do my plowin in Plymouth.
  8. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Flintown...mid/northern Genesee Co..
  9. naco

naco Member

sterling heights, roseville, troy, also imlay city, almont
  10. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

Grosse Pointe, Harper Woods, Saint Claire Shores.....

and it was snowing REALLY HARD, like a "Mudder Trucker", but its off and on now... i dont think it'll stick

let me ask... what time do you guys start to do the residentals at? 5am?

last year, when I was 15, I had to do it by shovel, and got the cops called on me at 3 or 4am because the neighbors were complaining i was making to much noise!!!!!
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2004
  11. heliski989

heliski989 Member
    from mi

lets get a emergency list going

i live in south lyon.

i think that everyone should post phone #s if the are able to help others out in case of a breakdown or sumthin. im jonathon 248.863.7706

f-750 W 10' meyer and 5 ton v-box
    f-150 7.5 meyer 2 ton/ v box
  12. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

13. Mower For Less

Mower For Less Senior Member

Im in Warren. This is also my first year plowwing, right now I'm just doing my residential lawn customers, So I will probably be able to lend a hand in a big storm if anybody around here needs it. I have a 7.5' Meyers, and a 4 wheeler with a 50" Moose County Plow, and a couple of blowers. I also have a helper for all storms for shovel work. My business line is 586.757.3178. 24 hours durring snow events.

14. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

734.320.4700 Mike
  15. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

If any one ever need a hand on a just salt night then i have a 5 yrd dump salter out for hire.....

i normally just take the dump truck out for my salt route but if someone was in need of some help then i could send my pick-up out to do my route and help you with the dump.....Or the other way around iif you have a small route that could be done with a v-box then i could send that out and just use thhe dump for my route.

rates would be determaned by how much windshield time i had between sites.

im pretty much packed on plow nights.

give me a call......cell 734-260-2203
    office 734-525-3660
  16. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

Does anybody know of a salt dealer in Ann Arbor? I know thw Whistle Stop in Canton, but hoping someone is closer.
  17. wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter Member

Wolverine Rental on State Street and 94.Go South on State maybe 2 miles and it will be on your left.
    i plow Belleville,Ypsilanti,Dexter,and Hamburg. If you get in a bind for salt when everyone's closed(it happens) i may be able to help you out he's located in Milan.
  18. Tscape

Tscape Senior Member

That is great. I am plowing Plymouth Green offices at 23 & Plymouth for WH Canon. Trying to get a vbox so I can salt too. What are the Hours for Wolverine? Are they not there at night when the precip is falling?

Dexter eh? That is right by me.
  19. wickedcarpenter

wickedcarpenter Member

wolverine rental

Here's the Address and phone number.5475 S.State Rd (734)665-7782
    I'd call yourself to confirm the Hr's during storms or Holidays. 2 years ago we plowed on Christmas Eve night through Christmas day and i don't think they were open.Last year prices on a yard of salt was $60.00
    After the sorry snowfall we had last year i hope we get 2" a day for 60 days straight!Hell i'd do Bass Tournaments all summer :drinkup:

Hope everyone has a happy,safe and trouble free season!
  20. Five Star Lawn Care LLC

WOW.....$60 a yard....at my supplier im getting it for 48.60

i guess supply and demand....our area probably uses more salt than A2

hoping we will atleast be able to go out and salt tonight atleast....i ihad plows on and ready to go, but oh well.....it looks like maybe monday