1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SD VXF95 or Meyers Super V-2 9.5 foot

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by Chipper, Sep 19, 2014.

1. Chipper

Chipper Member

Can't decide between the 2 plows for my F-350. SD is $5000 and the V-2 is about $4800 with rebate. I will install them myself. Which plow is better?? Is one more user friendly? Kind of like the auto lift on the Meyers. What do the experts think??
  2. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Snowdogg is faster, has stainless, and less complicated electronics.

The Meyer is well built but the one I saw was far too slow in my opinion. The controller seemed cool but over complicated.

Either would probably be a great plow though
  3. JustJeff

JustJeff PlowSite.com Addict

Both good plows. I love my VXF, but I'd make my decision based on which one has better dealer support near you.
  4. slplow

slplow PlowSite.com Veteran

Dealer is #one
  5. Chipper

Chipper Member

Thanks for the input guys. I just went in a different direction and bought a Hiniker 9' scoop. Hope it will work on driveways and windrow as good as a straight blade at least. Just couldn't pass on the $1500 deal vs $5000 plus for a new V.