1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

SD towing mirror question

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by Wesley's Lawn, Feb 23, 2007.

1. Wesley's Lawn

Wesley's Lawn Senior Member

I was wondering what kind of wiring would be involved in taking the tow mirrors off a 03-07 SD with the marker lights in them and putting them on a 99-02 with out the marker light option. Would the plugs be the same or are they different from the two different year ranges? If they are the same im assuming can just run the wires to the truck side plug? Other wise I would have to splice them in with connectors.

2. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Search through these forums and post your question in one of them. Probabily the accessories or the Super Duty forum. It is a great site. May get an answer there. You will have to register to post. Good luck.

http://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

I second that. If you have any Ford truck or SUV question, then that is the site for you.

4. Dieselgeek

Dieselgeek Senior Member

I just did this a few weeks ago. I have an 02 f350. You will need to run 4 new wires for the mirrors. Your truck currently only has 3, and the new mirrors have a 7 wire connector. It is a rectangular connector, and not sure the age of your truck, but 99-01 trucks have a round connector. You need to run a turn signal wire for each side, a clearance wire, and a heat wire. All in all, took me about 3 hours to do, and I could do it in under an hour now that I know exactly where every wire is to tap into.

Here is the page I used...

http://www.thedieselstop.com/contents/getitems.php3?2003%20Mirror%20Installation