1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scumbag Scrub In Buffalo LOOKOUT LEGITS!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by PetalsandPines, Dec 3, 2002.

1. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

I had to post this, After seeing the effects of a cut throat on one on a nice elderly woman. It seems that "Bob's General Landscaping & Snowplowing" In West Seneca is out of the snowplowing business after taking cash up front on lord knows how many accounts... A few weeks ago I sent my customer a snow plowing contract for about $300...Small Driveway, walkways, In a snowier suburb of Buffalo....couple weeks later I found out that this guy promised Snowplowing, Walkways and Salting for $200 Season!!!! Are YOu #%$% kidding me? Well anyway, 2 small snowfalls...No service, no stakes and then the 20" snowfall yesterday and I had to stop and ask her what happened to Bob? Seems that he has a message on his answering machine saying that he is no longer in the snowplowing business! And you wonder why we sometimes get a bad rap??

2. digger242j

digger242j Senior Member

I'd be willing to bet that Bob was never in the snowplowing business to begin with. It's still too bad because people will fail to realize that anyway... :mad:

3. PetalsandPines

Found out from the hardware store guy that Bob pulled this scam last year...called him from Jail!! Also found out he didn't even own a plow truck! Nice. Real Nice

4. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Can you say "Redneck Justice"?:realmad:

5. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

I knew a granny once who was having a problem with a neighbor's dog. She paid the neighbor a visit - she brought her deceased husband's 36" double barrel 12 gauge goose gun with her. Loaded:cool: . No more dog problems. I know cause I was the mail carrier at the time.

6. PINEISLAND1

PINEISLAND1 PlowSite.com Veteran

"There is hardly a product of our culture that someone cannot make a little worse and sell for a litltle less, and the one who puts price above all other considerations is the natural prey of this man."

- John Ruskin, as quoted by Jeff Cooper in this months Guns and Ammo magazine.

7. HarryD

HarryD Junior Member
    from midwest

did she pay up front for services that have not been rendered

8. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

It is people like him that would make it dangerous for Wife to carry a gun!

9. greenquestlawn

greenquestlawn Senior Member

Usually each year there is a news story about someone paying for a year of snow plowing and never getting any service.

We did have one company a few years back that did that to everyone of their customers.

Last year the news cameras caught up with one of the guys while he was plowing a lot and started trying to get him to answer questions and filming him.

Seems the isolated cases of some Grandma paying for a year of plowing and getting screwed have been met with a few snow plow contracters offering to do their drive for free for that year.

10. Got Grass?

Got Grass? Senior Member

P&P, Even more reason to inform your potential customers of the things thay dont ask but sould. I cant believe ANYONE would give some guy cash upfront for a service "to be" preformed. Checks only & after a contract has been signed.

When the media gets ahold of this thay will have a feild day as usual. Mabey we could group together & swamp the media with "how to hire a plow guy" & stories about how us profesionals need to set apart from these idiots?

Why the heck would this guy do it again after last year?
    He needs to spend a few winters with a ball & chain shoveling the thruway.

11. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

And i thought that kind of thing only happened in Clarence..........

Hey Don Paul has his winter outlook on in 10 min.

12. Earthscapes

from WNY

Don paul just said next 90 day's looks mild........... That means we'll probably receive 30 feet by 2003

13. PetalsandPines

She had a signed contract and canceled check....We are working on this one:D :D :D
    Anyways, to you locals ...The hell with Don Paul and the rest of them, their 6" turned into 20" for me the other day with 24 hours straight. Actually started plowing 6 hours after the pummeling of Miami:D

14. Earthscapes

from WNY

P&P i guess you need to call 844-4444 they actually did a good job with this weeks little snowfall. They said it would end by 3am and it did and then they said it would start around 6 or 7 am monday morning and it did,,, except i missed the part about the extra 8 inches monday afternoon........ I guess thats what happens when i listen to Howard Stern to much and not the weather channels.

15. shamrock1

shamrock1 Member

P&P--

As a law enforcement officer, (ECSD) and a reputable plow contractor, I'd like to know a little bit more on this....e-mail me please www.shamrockplowing@hotmail.com,

I had heard that this "BOB" also screwed a large commercial firm in Orchard Park, we are working on getting that contract, I do not know at this point that this is the same individual but it sure smacks of the same M.O.

Believe me, there are ways to get this individual if he is not already locked up......

Charges that come to mind:

Fraud w/ intent NYSPL 185.15
    Grand Larceny NYSPL 155.40
    Criminal Solicitation NYSPL 100.10
    Conspiracy NYSPL 105.13

This definitely would be if interest to Frank Clark-D.A.,

As I said before, All of these "deals" that knock all the reputable contractors out of the "box", no doubt are the result of some unscrupulous contractors...

Time to do something about it... it's upsetting that a few sometimes make us all looked upon unfavorably.. :realmad: