1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

screwed up gauges! ignition, bcm, plow?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by t.i.b, Jan 17, 2009.

1. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

ive got a 02 2500hd with the 496/allison. i tripped the plow last storm and my gauges have gone all screwy. the message center blinks battery/security/service4x4/low fuel. the airbag seatbelt light stay on and the brake light blinks and the temp/tranny temp and gas hauge are all out and the shift indicator comes and goes. took it to the dealer and they said it will not communicate with any moduels and they dont have any ideas. i greased the plow connections last night and that fixed it for a second. its a mm2. anyone have any ideas? the truck still runs fine but its driving me nuts.

FISHERMANXLS Junior Member

did u take it to the dealer with the plow on or off the truck?? if it was still on the truck take the plow off and then take it back to the dealer and see if it will read the codes then. what kind of plow?
  3. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

plow was off. its a fisher minute mount 2
  4. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

Have the dealer check all of the wiring connections to the PCM and have them check any sending units and sensors related to all of the gauges. Also, the wiring itself to the gauges should be checked. Seeing that they could not connect with any modules, a thorough wire check I feel is needed.
  5. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    Sounds like a bad cluster to me. Not sure what year but I know that some post 2000 trucks have had bad clusters. I have a friend how is on his 3rd cluster and his truck is a 04 Chevy 2500.

Regards Mike
  6. t.i.b

t.i.b Senior Member

thanks for the input, ive got a new one for ya. damn thing fixed itself! plowed all day yesterday with the gauges going nuts, then i got called back out at 4 this morning and everything was back normal plowed till noon and everything seems fine. glad its working wish i knew what it was.
  7. JustinD

JustinD Senior Member

03+ had cluster issues. My 01 DMAX never had a cluster issue.
  8. Blake5858

Blake5858 Junior Member

My 04' 2500hd had similiar issues, turned out to be the cluster as well. They did extend the warranty on it out to 75k.