1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Screwed by dealer

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Vaughn Schultz, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Vaughn Schultz

Vaughn Schultz PlowSite.com Addict

Screwed by dealer (Sorry Re-post)

Some of you may know I have been looking for a dump truck for a long time!Today a bought one, or I thought I did. It was a 3500 HD Turbo Diesel http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=24087.
    Well a few minuets ago I got a message on my phone " sorry Eric, we can not sell you this truck it was sold, please come pick up your deposit." WHAT :angry: We both signed on the price,I put money down, I told them I would be to there tomorrow morning to pick up the truck. ( they wanted me to leave today with it, I had to go to the bank).? Sure sounds like someone offered them more money than me, and they took it.
    What is the point of a deposit? What Should I do? What would you do? :cry:
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2005
  2. Mebes

Mebes Senior Member

I would recommend #5 first, and then #4 from your "The 5 most important rules in life..." signature

Sorry coulden't resist.

At least file a report with the Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org/ .
    Or try to take it up with the sales manager in person.
  3. Tom Smith

Tom Smith Senior Member
    from IL

to me it sounds like someone gave them a better offer and they screwed u...
  4. wstwind

wstwind Senior Member

the better business bureau is where i would start, i would contact the dealership and tell them what i was doing. rub it in a little!! good luck!
  5. Up North

Up North Senior Member

that sucks man. Who knows what really happened, but that's just one of the reasons I hate dealing with dealerships. Personally, I'd just go get your deposit and let the sales guy know that he lost a young customer who has a growing business and leave it at that. You'll find another truck eventually, just sucks that you have put all that time into finding one then get it pulled out from under you. Good luck bud.

6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

Ask the dealer what happened to your truck. I am not saying all dealers are crooked but most seem to lie right to your face. Talk to the sales manager and see what he has to say, then if you still feel like the screwed you go to the BBB.
    They when you do find a truck somewhere else, go back to the dealer and call the sales manager on your cell phone with you in the parking lot in your new truck and say hi, thanks for screwing me. Keep this up with every truck you get. :)
  7. leeddog65

leeddog65 Member

I wouldnt put that much energy into these jerk-wads, their BEST business is word of mouth, their WORST is also word of mouth.
    Alot of guys here in the Chicagoland area, why dont you "out" them? Let us know where to stay away from?
  8. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

Contact the BBB, make sure you KEEP a copy of the deposit slip- I would also contact the states attourney general- you may have legal recourse. Forget the sales manager- go to the general manager or the dealership owner. Keep complaining and persuing your options. Contact Ford directly- zone and corporate and complain about the dealership. Ford in perticular will not stand for dealers screwing their customers (they like to be the only ones themselves) and will take some action against the dealer, even if it's simply to contact them and investigate. They may require the dealer to honer the original price and get you the same truck, who knows.
    Their customer service rating will be affected and enough complaints against a dealer is cause for Ford to revoke dealer agreements- I have seen it happen several times.
  9. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

Forget the BBB that's a huge waste of time. I'd go in and demand that the sales manager honor the contract. If not, I'd threaten to go to one of the local TV news "problem solver" news teams. They hate that kind of publicity and the news stations love those stories. It'll get the problem solved real quick and you'll get the truck that they promised you under your deposit contract.
  10. grassmanvt

grassmanvt Senior Member
    from Vermont

This will probably be an unpopular opinion but I say let it go. They make trucks everyday, another one willl come along. These things can happen honestly. I had worked at a powersports dealership and on rare occaision in a really busy streak when there was a lack of time to communicate it did happen. We made it right though. We would go find another unit from another dealer or do what we had to do to try and make it right. Who knows if that is actually what happened to you.By the way, if this was a new truck they should be able to find you another without to much of a problem.Sorry about the bad luck though.
  11. Vaughn Schultz

I have looked all over for a used dump truck truck. 3500, Chevy, GMC, Ford, Diesel, under 100k, under 15 grand.

We found it, bought it, lost it. :cry:

There is nothing I can do.I just got Back from the Dealer, been there 4 hours. They screwed me.

" there is nothing we can do, we are sorry, we sold the truck 4 weeks ago"
  12. DJDarknez

DJDarknez Member

yeah, i know, i posted in the other one.......

But tell me, what dealership was this? I want to know so when I feel like getting f**ked over, I know where to go.

4 weeks ago my ass. If it was 4 weeks ago they wouldn't have let you put a deposit down. And I highly doubt a dealership would HOLD a deposit for 4 weeks.
  13. Vaughn Schultz

They odd thing was this truck was picked up today by the guy! You are going to tell me it has been held for 4 weeks and he picks it up today, no way :nono:

They were pissed because it was at 14 grand and we had it singed at under 11 thousand!
  14. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

i know dates can be changed but did you see the "other contract"?
  15. Vaughn Schultz

"that is totally confidential" I don't want to see any thing but the date. " I will say it one more time, I CAN NOT show you it"

Wounder why :rolleyes:

I called This morning just for kicks to see if the truck was for sale. They told me they sold it just before close :angry: I Put down money in the afternoon!
  16. Jason Pallas

Jason Pallas Senior Member

I didn't know that it was a used truck. That sort of changes the dynamics of all of it - I'd be really pissed.
  17. davidrbean

davidrbean Member

sounds like they broke it off in ya my friend! :eek:
  18. Vaughn Schultz

Attorney Update!!!!!!!

There is just to much against this dealer for me to sit back and watch it go buy.

1. I have a signed contract from the dealer that I bought that truck.

2. We called on 4 different days, talked to 4 different people All said it was for sale.

3. How do you not know you sold a TRUCK?

4. When the truck was offered at 14k I told them 11k they said the would have to "check with corp." would they not have know that it was sold?

5. The dealer slipped and told me he was good Friends with the guy that bought my truck.

6. they told me they sold the truck 4 weeks ago, I had a buddy call this morning to ask if the truck was for sale(wanted to see what they would say) they they said "oh sorry I just sold it right before close yesterday" (busted) I put money on it in the after noon :angry:

I could go on for ever but........ I do not have time to find a new used dump truck as good as this one.

I called a VERY good Attorney to take care of this :nod:
  19. Turfmower

Turfmower Senior Member

Don't sweat it. you will find a better truck but now you will know what dealer not to do business with. Last year i was going to buy a used dump ender up buying a new diesel dump with plow with 4x4. Gm has 60 month 0% financing. You get write off, don't have to work about repairs, ties, and such you might want to look at new If you go with Gas and 2wd you can get them pretty cheap too.
  20. schnitz

schnitz Member

The same words I used when I started doing my lawn care/ snow business are applicable here too...

"one bad comment will do more harm than 100 good references will do good."

Now go stick it to them!