1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

screen location on mm1

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by chris694205, Dec 12, 2009.

1. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

i have a 2003 2500hd with an older minute mount 1 set up... when it gets real cold out the plow has a real hard time moving... i can hear that pump run but it doesnt sound like it is sucking any fluid... so i went out today and bought a new filter (screen).... does anybody know where this screen is located on the older minute mount 1

2. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

3. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Another note: Make sure to change the fluid if you haven't yet this season. Moisture accumulates in the fluid through the fall, when warm days and cool nights build alot of condensation. When it gets cold, the fluid will freeze up or get too gelled to flow properly.

Don't use ATF, even though there may be a sticker on the case that reads something like: "Change ATF yearly". ATF is great for the old underhood pump/reservoir systems, where engine comartment heat kept it flowing nicely. It really doesn't do that well in external systems when the temps really drop. Fisher Hydraulic fluid or the low temp stuff from Buyers seem to work well for me. I can get either easily around here. If you can't find it, check your local NAPA.

4. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

so in order to change the filter i should just have to unbolt the pump and pull it out??? also would you reccomend gettin a new gasket?? thanks

5. GPS

GPS Senior Member
    from MA

Here's a good thread with pics from another member here. http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=93081

Will you need a new gasket? Maybe is the best answer I could give. Were it me, I'd at least have one on hand when I took it apart in case it ripped or just looked wiped out.

6. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

When you get the filter out if its covered with a fibrous looking material its time to rebuild the unit and replace the angle cylinders. The material you see is the seals falling apart. You can flush it out, but it always seems to come back until we rebuild the unit.