1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Screen for my Western Ice Breaker

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by stevie fierce, Jan 4, 2009.

1. stevie fierce

stevie fierce Junior Member
    from NH

Does Western sell a top screen for the top of my Ice Breaker? I bought the unit slightly used and it did not come with one. I also checked Western's site and did not see them there either. My sand supplier tells me I want to put a screen up there. Makes sense! I don't see any way of attaching a screen to this unit either. Thanks guys!

2. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

wow i thought they all came with screens. My blizzard/fisher poly-caster even came with one but yeah u deff. need one i went for my first load of sand/salt mix today and i had a huge chunk of salt fall on the screen im glad that did go through or i probally would of got it jamed up and spent some time getting it out

3. stevie fierce

from NH

anyone????

4. fisher guy

fisher guy PlowSite.com Addict

i would think so i know this sounds obvious but maybe check with ur dealer or make one youself

5. stevie fierce

from NH

the local western dealer told me to find it on westerns website. there is nothing about it on westerns site. i wanted to see if i could buy something before making it myself because i figure they have to make them for these sanders.

6. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

screen

Look at Westerns web site, click on Ice Control ,then click on where it says the different models , you want Ice Breaker. click on that and read the features column for that unit they offer 2 top screens, standard & heavy duty. you are welcome! Jackster

7. stevie fierce

from NH

sweet thanks!

8. timmy1

timmy1 Senior Member
    from RI

In a pinch, you could go to tractor supply and make one out of a cattle panel.

9. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

sander screen

Stevie; you could also go to a local quarry if you have one in your area and buy an old crusher screen. They usually sell them when they get a hole in them. some are plastic too, they come in different sizes so get the size that will screen out material small enough to flow thru your machine. Jackster

10. stevie fierce

from NH

thanks again guys. it does look like something that would be easy to make.

11. Snowplowkid

Snowplowkid Member

Try a sheet of chicken wire a little bigger than the top of the spreader fold the extra down and use 1/4" lag screw and put the screw above the bottom piece of wire so it cant collapes. Cheap, quick, and effective.

12. MarkG

MarkG Junior Member

Might I suggest chain link fence? I would get the galvanized type. Cheap and very strong really. You could then have large eye bolts holding it on. It comes in 36, 48 and 60"...

13. kcplowmata

kcplowmata Senior Member
    from kc

we have a new one off a ice breaker that wasnt used. you pay the shipping and make a decent offer and its yours