1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Screeching noise when backing up

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dlcs, Dec 24, 2010.

1. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

i was out salting this morning and noticed when i backed up, I could here a screeching noise coming from the rear of the truck, seemed like it was the driver side rear? Anyway it only does it when backing up and more so when turning in reverse. I was thinking a broken pad? I'm leary about tearing into right now, with snow on the way. Anyone got an idea, if it is a broken pad, will it lock a wheel up on me, if i wait until after the storm?

2. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

What's the truck?

3. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Sorry its a 2007 Chevy 2500 HD NBS.

4. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Could be worn pads, and the squealer tabs are touching the rotors. E-brake shoe issue, or backing plate got bent slightly from snow/ice and is rubbing the rotor. If you just roll under the truck quick and give it a look-see it might be something that simple.

5. dlcs

dlcs 2000 Club Member

Thanks for the help. We dtermined it is coming from the driverside rear wheel, Sunday we are going to pull off the wheels to take a peak.