1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Screeching Noise from Pump

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by 2006Sierra1500, Dec 10, 2013.

1. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

Recently my 9 year old Minute Mount 2 7'6'' RD has become a little...fussy. Sometimes it'll move, sometimes it won't. Couldn't replicate that plowing today however. But I don't think thats related to the real problem. When I go to raise the plow, it'll move slowly and make an almost screeching noise. That happened today. I do have a video that I will post later. As soon as you let off the control and start raising again, it works normally.

2. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Another member had similar issue and it turned out bushing in pump motor was shot.

3. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

If thats it, its been shot for a while. This has been happening for at least 3 seasons. I'll probably run it until I sell it or it breaks.

4. McG_Landscaping

McG_Landscaping Senior Member

this is a stupid question but there is fluid in it, right? when mine gets low it will squeal and raise slow