1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scratching Blacktop

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by huskerfan523, Nov 30, 2010.

1. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

I kind of searched around a little bit, and from what some people are saying, I shouldnt have a problem, but I just got a blacktop driveway, and am worried about scratching it. I have a 7.5 western pro steel. let me know if I should tell them to find something else, I really dont want to deal with a claim in my first season...
  2. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

Just put a disclaimer in your contract stating you are not responsible for the integrity of the hard surfaces you plow.
  3. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

Blacktop scratching will be a never ending issue... On some of my equipment I use rubber, on other stuff I have Poly... Either way, I prefer the metal edged blades and like TLCA said, put a disclaimer on the contract and use what works the best: Metal
  4. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

You might see scrathes towards the beginning of the year, but they usually go away after a few months.
  5. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

I'll have to call the owner, because its like brand new blacktop, I dont know how old it is, but its really black...
  6. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Tell the client that's why they make blacktop sealer.A driveway is not a piano for crying out loud.
  7. huskerfan523

huskerfan523 Member

I'll keep the thread posted as far as what the client says and how the drive looks after a couple pushes