1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scraping

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by PITCH, Dec 13, 2007.

1. PITCH

PITCH Member
    from hamburg

Got A New 8ft Hd Fisher. Is It Me Or Do They Not Scrape Well??

2. karol

karol Senior Member

I can't comment on the new fisher's but i got a 8" 2004 mm2 hd that came with the truck and i wasn't impressed with the scraping. I've plowed with Arctic and Western and they scrape down to the bone.

3. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

the old fisher mm1 ive used doesnt scrape near as good as the boss plows i have used i think i am going to try more slack in the chain and see if that helps.

4. tkrepairs

tkrepairs Senior Member
    from maine

mine does alright i guess, however i will agree to the point where its not doing as well as it could. i think my cutting edge is worn down a bit, a little unevenly too. ive got a few gravel drives anyway so its not that big a deal for me.

5. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

its a heavy plow and will scrape well if conditions are right, if the driveway is uneaven, or the tires have hard packed the snow into the pavement you won't be getting that up. the best thing about that plow is how its made. everything is heavy-duty, you'll be hardpressed to beat it up.

6. josman

josman Junior Member

I have a new extreme V and it scrapes great because of the steeper cutting edge angle. I know the old Fishers never scraped that well, but the new X blades have the steeper angle also, maybe you can trade yours in.