1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

scraper edge

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by BTM Lawn, Jan 6, 2009.

1. BTM Lawn

BTM Lawn Junior Member

I was wondering how much everyone is paying for scraper blades?
  2. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees Member

make your own at metal by the foot place 2 of them 1/4 steel 6 inches wide $17 for both and last a lot longer
  3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

I have to go get a new scraper bar for mine. I am gonna go buy a 1/4 x 54 x 6 piece of steel and drill some holes in it and use that.
  4. chuckraduenz

chuckraduenz Senior Member

+1 thats what i did for my plow. costed me $10
  5. JTLossos

JTLossos Junior Member

My local dealer is asking 23 dollars for 48* factory wear bar.....I did like everyone else who has replied. Went and bought 3/8 x 48 x 4 piee of steel at local metal shop and fabricated my own edge in about twenty minutes with simple hand tools. Only thing I'll do different next time is go to the 6* height for longer wear by virtue of being able to flip the bar when first side wears down.

Cost me 15 dollars if I recall correctly.
  6. Dubliner

Dubliner Senior Member

Local Fisher dealer gets $120.00 with bolts for an eight footer.:eek:
  7. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

go to a metal shop and get it for probably $30 for a 8ft. my dads friend owns a steel shop. I will be able to get a 1/4 x 54 x 6 for probably $5 lol
  8. Greenstar lawn

Greenstar lawn Senior Member

I use plastic wear bars on my 48 inch cycle country I feel it scrapes better the steel I paid around $25 for each