1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

scraper edge

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by plowbill, Nov 28, 2012.

1. plowbill

plowbill Junior Member

I am looking at the HT, SD and HD plows. It appears to me that the SD comes with a poly edge and the HT an HD come without a scraper edge. Is this correct? If this is the case is it necessary to purchase the scraper edge up front or can you wait a while. I have a friend who purchased an HT last year and claims the dealer told him he did not need the scraper edge. Thanks in advance.

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

u can run the plow with out it for a while thats fine then put one on in a couple yrs

3. plowbill

plowbill Junior Member

Thanks for the help.

4. Morrissey snow removal

5. plowbill

plowbill Junior Member

Just noticed your location in Lunenburg. Taught school in Gardner, MA for about 10 years. Now live in Northern NH, so I do know where Lunenburg is located. Thanks again for your help.

6. Morrissey snow removal

7. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

they want you to break it in before you put an edge on it.

8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Run the base angle until its worn down to about an inch below the holes. Leaves plenty of meat for the cutting edge to bolt to