1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scrape Lock Feature

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Notoriousve, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Notoriousve

Notoriousve Junior Member

Hi guys, Im new to plowing and am interested in the HTS. I need a plow that can back drag good. Does the scrape lock feature stay down to the ground in all snow conditions? If not can anyone give me an idea of how well it works in different snow situations?

2. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I don't have any first hand experience with the HT/HTS. The idea of the scrape lock is to hydraulically lock the blade to the truck. So when you're backdragging, the whole front end of the truck will have to come up with the plow. You cannot push the blade down to roll with the contour, but it's certainly better than the chain lift plows. For true downpressure from the manufacturer, you would need to buy a Sno-Way.

3. Notoriousve

Notoriousve Junior Member

Thanks for the info. Just trying to do a little homework before I purchase something I dont like. Western has a video on there website of the plow backdragging but it's only an inch of light snow and only 3 seconds of it backdragging. Im wondering how well the plow would backdrag if it were 3 inches of hevy snow and I backdragged it at least half the length of my truck?

4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What do you have for a truck?