1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scractched Brick Pavers?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Darafayen, Feb 11, 2010.

1. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

Hey guys i do a few homes that have brick pavers on their drive ways, im just curious to what i can do about these scratches or if they will just fade away on their own? has anyone done this before and what have you done about it? thank you very much guys!

2. redskinsfan34

redskinsfan34 Senior Member

I have some experience with pavers. Are you running shoes on your plow? Are the pavers sealed?

3. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

no shoes, and i dont believe these pavers are sealed.

4. LawnmastersMike

LawnmastersMike Member

Honestly I would either shovel the areas with pavers or use a snow blower. If youve already scratched them I'd just hope that they fade away. Pavers are risky buisness and the plow always tears them up and theyre expensive to replace.

5. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

so is there anything I can do to help them fade? Or would sealing them this spring get rid of them?

6. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

We do at least a couple dozen brick paver drives. Never had any issues with the plow marking them up. They're actually more durable than blacktop. Our contract does state that we're not responsible for any damage to them... if the customer doesn't like that clause, they can find someone else to plow.

7. redskinsfan34

If you're not running shoes is your blade possibly damaged or jagged? I'm not sure how a semi-smooth blade would scratch something that hard. They are more durable than asphalt.

8. redskinsfan34

The one driveway I do with pavers I backblade it all. Has the owner mentioned anything about these scratches?

9. qualitycut

qualitycut PlowSite Fanatic

I wouldnt worry about it if they are just scratching them, but if they are gouging them you will have a problem. We install pavers and half of them you take of the pallet are scratched it seems.

10. Mass-hole

Mass-hole Member
    from Boston

get a rubber edge

11. cubicinches

cubicinches PlowSite.com Addict

Yeah... then they won't be able to see the scratches under all the snow you'll leave on the driveway. :)

12. Darafayen

Darafayen Junior Member

the blade was brand new when the pavers got scratched, i think they are unlevel and the corner of the blade was back dragging on just the the corner and thats what hit the pavers. i guess ill have to wait it out till spring time to see what really happen to them and hope they are gone by then!