1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ScottR any new pics of the the beast

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by snowsniper1, Feb 11, 2016.

1. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

How's the build holding up? Anything new for this season? One of my favorite builds.

2. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Ha, with the lack of snow the last month or so, the poor rig has been sitting in my shop collecting dust, no fun. The build is about done, near as I can figure. I may come up with somthing it needs :cool:
    I did add rear air bags and a compressor but that's about it.

image.jpg

3. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Been spending more time playing on my new turbo sled in the mountains near my cabin. At least I get to see snow :D

image.jpg

4. scottr

scottr Senior Member

OK I'm off topic again Thumbs Up

image.jpg

5. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Scott:
    Nice stuff:drinkup: / Rick

6. derekslawncare

derekslawncare PlowSite.com Addict

Beautiful country up there. My wife and I would love to take an Alaskan cruise, just can't leave during the summer months, and always seems like something comes up in the winter (like snow) that keeps us here. The only drawback to being a 1 man operation. Maybe some day though.

7. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Start making plans, come up in June, you won't regret it ;)

8. jmac5058

jmac5058 Senior Member

The Wife and I are just about to book a cruise , is June the best time of year for that ? We were thinking of starting in Vancouver and go from there . We would like to do the average tourist stuff and I would like to fit in a fishing trip for halibut and see some Orca .

9. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

Yes I would also like to know - We have been thinking about going to Alaska - Cruise most likely -
    What is the Best time of the year to avoid all the bugs I see on all the Alaska TV shows.

10. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I've got my sled loaded up! Ready to see the mountains and the scenery like that vs the flat cornfields here in IL.
    [​IMG]

11. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Well, as you know, it's a big state, but, on average, June is less rainy here in the interior. I've only been on 2 cruises and that was in a Caribbean :p
    so I can't speak to that. Valdez, Seward, Homer, all have good fishing charters.

12. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Every TV show filmed up here is crap and gives us a bad name. I work on the Dalton Hwy. where Ice road truckers was being filmed. Had their crews staying in our bunkhouses, etc. what a bunch of BS. (now you got me started) here's an example. They needed more drama, so, they came to town, cleared off a small area on a local lake, cut a hole in the ice, let it freeze back over night. Hired my buddy who does cold water diving to go under and be the camera man, then had the Semi run across the hole and drop a set of tires in. That segment was all aired as if the truck dropped thru the Jim River as they pulled a load of fuel into Bettels. OK, Now you know how most of us feel about the drama shows.
    Winters a good time to avoid bugs. :D Their not that bad, if your doing the average cruise thing, it won't be an issue.

13. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Mark, Load that sled on your 550 and head North. I'll keep you busy in the mountains until your worn out :p My cabin is in the middle of some of the best riding in the state. This is looking off my deck.

summit 004.jpg

14. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

That sled got a work out when I was 8yrs old riding around the yard on 4" of snow. It might carry me around your driveway at this point but that's about it. :laughing:

I'd need a minimum of about 160 more horsepower and about 125 more inches of track I bet to even have any sort of fun up there.

Just to humor you, I walked out and took a picture off my deck a couple minutes ago. The view here is uh... mediocre at best.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  15. mwalsh9152

mwalsh9152 Senior Member

I'm disappointed by the number of neighbors obstructing your mountain view!

16. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe a plowsite GTG cruise... The search for Alaska Boss....Mountains look phenomenal.

17. redclifford

redclifford Senior Member
    from Niagara

What a beauty picture, very envious

18. scottr

scottr Senior Member

Good thing your 550 is in the shot, makes it all OK

19. scottr

scottr Senior Member

LOL, that's funny

20. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

It's only in the shot because the truck is way to big to fit in the garage :mad: