1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Scotland Snow clearance and salt/grit spreading

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Landscope, Dec 29, 2009.

1. Landscope

Landscope Junior Member

Hi All,

Been landscaping for around 8 years now and had to buy a husqvarna proflex rider and a small snow blade for it for a nursing home that I do over here in sunny Scotland.

I am now getting much more work with the snow blade and pedestrian spreader than I can handle, so am looking to upgrade to the next step can anyone advise me on the best route to take, had thought about a land rover defender or a pickup with a plough mounted on the front and possibly a spreader mounted on the rear.

any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

2. buckwheat_la

buckwheat_la 2000 Club Member

great to see you, welcome to plowsite, it would be helpful to have a idea what kind of places you well be plowing?, and what is available to you for vehicles?