1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Score one for Curtis plows

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by danmc, Nov 27, 2004.

1. danmc

danmc Member

I was thumbing through Truck Shopper magazine, Route 66 Automall in Neptune NJ is now featuring Fords with Curtis Plows. Two years ago, most truck plow combos were Western and Meyer. I see this as a good step for Curtis and a tribute to their growing popularity....
  2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Well this is the second year I have been plowing with my Curtis and I love it. easy to hook up to truck about 1 min or less and you are raedy to go.

Regards Mike
  3. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

Nice, all they sell trucks with around here is Fishers, fishers are excellent but i get sick to death of seeing them. The place i got my truck from had a deal with the local Curtis dealer so i got a little discount on it. I never saw any of his trucks for sale with curtis plows alredy mounted though. I have never seen a truck at a dealership with a meyer on it, but this is fisher country. I don't know who in their right mind would install new meyers on their trucks.
  4. Tarkus

Tarkus PlowSite.com Addict

I have seen a few Curtis plows around here for several years. Here it is a tossup between Fisher, Meyer and Western with Boss and close second one what you see the most of and I have seen just a few Blizzard's around here in last 2 years on trucks. Lets see what this winter brings.
  5. J HIsch

J HIsch Member

I have had a Meyer Plow and still do, but this year I bought a Curtis Sno-Pro 3000 and a Fast Cast 2000, and I must say these plows look like they had been tested and found true.
  6. mdb landscaping

mdb landscaping Senior Member

our local ford dealer is starting to put some curtis's on as well as opposed to all fishers. there are a lot of the curtis plows out on trucks now adays. we have three of them, and they work and scrape awesome. id definately consider them if anyboyd on here is looking at plows. they have a great mount, looks good ont he truck, the electrical doenst have to come through the grille which makes it great not fishign for cords in the grille, and the hydraulic jackstand is sweet.
  7. Kramer

Kramer Senior Member

mdb landscaping

Don't take this the wrong way, but is your avatar pleasuring himself??? :nono: